Poster


 I knew when I had to make a poster that I had to do something about beauty. I know beauty has become a popular topic within the last ten years and to a certain extent may be over done, but this is very important to me. I think it is common for most girls to not feel beautiful, especially compared to the models in the media. While photoshopping and make-up are well known, we still compare ourselves to the impossible beauty standards set within our western culture. Beauty shouldn't have standards, because we are all beautiful in our own ways.


This is the picture I used for my poster. I am wearing make-up but this has not been edited or filtered. I do not usually wear make-up because I think it can be uncomfortable, but even with make-up I do not meet the standard of western beauty, tall, skinny, and blonde. Does this make me or anyone else less beautiful? No. We are all beautiful and we as women need to work together to get rid of beauty standards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I?

BW to Color