Calligram



For my Calligram project, I decided to go a different route than most. I am not a person to truly reveal myself, so I really had to dig into myself when I wrote the letter to myself. I didn't want to make a calligram where all the words are squeezed together, I wanted there to be gaps in between my words because I feel like there are still some gaps in me. I am still figuring out who I am because for a very long time I tried to suppress myself. Through everything my passion has stayed the same. I want to make films that are reminiscent of old Hollywood, but most of all, I want to save those films. They deserved to be loved and remembered. Those old films meant something to someone. The people in them meant something to someone, so I think that means they deserve saving and loving.

The top image is my reworked calligram, followed by the inspiration and the original one submitted. By looking at it up close, you see the pieces but the farther back, you begin to see the person. Something that I think is profound and telling about how we want to be perceived.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I?

BW to Color